The TRI-LUX wok is a professional high quality piece of cookware, ideal for ambitious amateur chefs. While conventional woks only heat up on the base, the Tri-Lux wok's sophisticated multi layer construction ensures quick heating-up and an even heat distribution up to the rim.
The TRI-LUX wok is uncoated, thus allowing frying on high heat.
The sturdy stainless steel dome-shaped lid is already included, an ideal addition for stewing, steaming and keeping food warm.
- A top quality product by BEKA.
- Large wok without coating for quick and hot frying, perfect for authentic wok dishes.
- Heats up quickly and evenly thanks to multi layer material with all-round isolated aluminum core; constant wall thickness 2,5 mm.
- Stainless steel inside and outside, mirror finish, base with easy-care satin finish.
- Pouring rim.
- Dome-shaped stainless steel lid.
- Sturdy cast stainless steel side handles.
- Height with / without lid ca. 19 / 10,5 cm.
- Weight with / without lid ca. 2,8 / 1,9 kg.
- Upper inner diameter ca. 34 cm.
- Width with handles ca. 45 cm.
- Base diameter (plane contact surface) ca. 18 cm.
- For all hobs, also for induction.
- Easy-care & dishwasher-safe.
- Comes in attractive color box.
What is 3-ply material?
Multi-layer material is a material compound from stainless steel and aluminum. 3-ply means 3 layers, so, in this case stainless steel - aluminum - stainless steel.
Aluminum is an extremely good heat conductor, similar to copper; however, aluminum is relatively soft and not very resistant. Stainless steel on the other hand is very hard and resistant, but it is also quite a bad heat conductor.
The multi-layer material of the Tri-Lux range combines the material advantages of aluminum and stainless steel, resulting in an outstanding piece of cookware: The all-round isolated aluminum core ensures an optimal heat distribution throughout the whole cookware up to the rim. The easy-care stainless steel on the in- and outside provides toughness, durability and great, shiny looks.
That makes the TRI-LUX range an excellent and inexpensive alternative to copper cookware.