Uncoated wok pan with wooden handle
The NOMAD wok pan by BEKA is made from carbon steel and is therefore more than 50% lighter than a conventional cast iron wok pan of the same size. This makes working with the wok pan much easier and is gentle on the wrists. The attractive handle made of acacia wood is heat insulating and makes handling the wok pan even more pleasant.
The NOMAD wok pan is also free of artificial coatings of any kind. Thus this handy wok pan is extremely durable and using metal kitchen utensils is no problem at all. Also ideal for searing: In the NOMAD wok pan, foods are browning wonderfully, getting an optimal roasting aroma.
- A quality product by BEKA.
- Carbon steel wok pan without coating.
- Heat-insulating handle made from acacia wood, with hanging loop.
- Upper inner diameter approx. 30.5 cm.
- Height approx. 8.5 cm.
- Length with handle approx. 50 cm.
- Flat base, base diameter (contact surface) approx. 13 cm.
- Weight approx. 1.4 kg.
- For all hobs incl. induction cooktops*.
How to season your NOMAD pan:
- Clean the new pan with hot water and detergent, then dry thoroughly to prevent corrosion.
- Place the pan on the stove and fill with enough cooking oil to cover the base (approx. 1 mm). Heat the pan slowly over medium heat. Spread the oil evenly over the complete inside of the pan.
- As soon as the oil starts to smoke, wipe the pan evenly with a paper towel until only a very thin film of oil remains. Put the pan back on the stove. The surface will change colour and become darker.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool.
PfannenProfis tips on how-to-use:
* Please DO NOT EVER heat up this pan on maximum heat when using it on an induction cooktop. Instead ALWAYS pre-heat it on low heat before increasing heat gradually. That gives the material more time to spread the induced heat and to expand more evenly. NEVER use the power / booster setting. For more information refer to instruction manual.
Here you find more NOMAD pans by BEKA...