Light iron deep frypan from Japan, no seasoning required
Frypans from the COOK-PAL range by Japanese manufacturer YOSHIKAWA are outstanding pieces of cookware. The advantages of YOSHIKAWA pans at a glance:
Lighter than cast iron
YOSHIKAWA iron pans are made from carbon steel and they are more than 50% lighter than conventional cast iron pans. That makes handling easier and more convenient. In addition, the light YOSHIKAWA frypans heat up much faster than heavy cast iron pans.
YOSHIKAWA frypans do not need seasoning. A special heat treatment, originally developed for the automotive industry, gives YOSHIKAWA pans a dark, extremely hard oxide layer. This layer „absorbs“ oil perfectly and ensures great cooking perfomance right from the start.
The afore-mentioned oxide layer also gives YOSHIKAWA frypans a great rust-resistance. Proper use and care provided this pan will not rust.
YOSHIKAWA frypans are completely free from artificial coatings of any kind. That makes them extremely durable and log-lasting. Using metal kitchen utensils is no problem either.
- A high quality product by YOSHIKAWA - 100% made in Japan.
- Conveniently light deep frypan made from carbon steel, thickness ca. 1,6 mm.
- Special heat-treatment for better cooking properties and against corrosion.
- No seasoning required*
- Heat-insulating wooden handle.
- Spouts on both sides.
- Upper inner diameter ca. 28 cm.
- Height ca. 7,5 cm.
- Length with handle ca. 48 cm.
- Base diameter (contact surface) ca. 15,5 cm.
- Weight ca. 1,1 kg.
- For all hobs incl. induction cooktops**.
PfannenProfis tips on how-to-use:
* For best cooking results this frypan should quickly be conditioned with oil before every use. To do that just put some oil into the pan, spreading it evenly, then slowly heat up the pan. For more information refer to instruction manual.
** Please DO NOT EVER heat up this pan on maximum heat when using it on an electromagnetic cooker (induction cooktop). Instead ALWAYS pre-heat it on low heat before increasing heat gradually. That gives the material more time to spread the induced heat and to expand more evenly. NEVER use the power / booster setting. For more information refer to instruction manual.