Iron pan 28 cm with wooden handle
The NOMAD pan by BEKA is made from carbon steel and is therefore more than 50% lighter than a conventional cast iron pan of the same size. This makes working with the pan much easier and is gentle on the wrists. The attractive handle made of acacia wood is heat insulating and makes handling the pan even more pleasant.
The NOMAD pan is also free of artificial coatings of any kind. Thus this handy pan is extremely durable and using metal kitchen utensils is no problem at all. Also ideal for searing: In the NOMAD pan, foods are browning wonderfully, getting an optimal roasting aroma.
- A quality product by BEKA.
- Carbon steel frying pan without coating.
- Heat-insulating handle made from acacia wood, with hanging loop.
- Upper inner diameter 28 cm.
- Height approx. 5 cm.
- Length with handle approx. 48 cm.
- Base diameter (contact surface) approx. 22 cm.
- Weight approx. 1.3 kg.
- For all hobs incl. induction cooktops*.
How to season your NOMAD pan:
- Clean the new pan with hot water and detergent, then dry thoroughly to prevent corrosion.
- Place the pan on the stove and fill with enough cooking oil to cover the base (approx. 1 mm). Heat the pan slowly over medium heat. Spread the oil evenly over the complete inside of the pan.
- As soon as the oil starts to smoke, wipe the pan evenly with a paper towel until only a very thin film of oil remains. Put the pan back on the stove. The surface will change colour and become darker.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool.
PfannenProfis tips on how-to-use:
* Please DO NOT EVER heat up this pan on maximum heat when using it on an induction cooktop. Instead ALWAYS pre-heat it on low heat before increasing heat gradually. That gives the material more time to spread the induced heat and to expand more evenly. NEVER use the power / booster setting. For more information refer to instruction manual.
Here you find more NOMAD pans by BEKA...